Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Hello from Tandy Mackal

Today, I begin a new journey as Tandy Mackal, my pen name. Authors tell me a blog is a necessity for writers, but I don't want to just take up blogosphere space as a placeholder.

My new book will be releasing later this year. We're still toying with the book title, because what I propose is pushing the envelope a little. But so does my memoir. So we keep tinkering. As soon as we have a name and a cover, I'll share it with you here.

Who is Tandy Mackal?

Tandy is my pen name. I am a freelance writer and have been writing for many years, with credits in magazines and newspapers, and a few books, under my real name. This will be my first book using a pen name, which I chose to use to protect my family. And to be honest, to protect myself a little too, because my memoir is personal and transparent. Because I am a Christian, I know that my story will offend some Christians and perhaps make some nonbelievers jump for joy. I resisted sharing my story for this reason, but finally reached the point where I knew my story had to be told for one reason.

I am the woman at the well. I am a Jezebel. And God redeemed my life.

If my story can help one person know their life, their experiences, are not beyond redemption, then every step I took to get to this point today will be worth it.

If you are a Christian, I appreciate your prayers as I embark on this journey - for both me and for yourself - that my story will glorify God.

If you are not a Christian, I appreciate your patience as my story unfolds - I hope you'll stick around to see how it turns out. I'm not going to pound religion over your head - quite the opposite, I'm afraid. Maybe by the end of my story, you'll discover why my faith is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment